Monday, November 2, 2015

Looking On the Other Side:"Desolated One" | SALT WATER


14th Istanbul Biennial "Salt Water" , Trotsky House
  There is a fascinating and unfortunately 'abondoned' mansion located in "Buyukada" which is the largest island of Prince Islands in the Sea of Marmara that is named Leon Trotsky's House . I had a chance to get to visit this mansion during 14th Istanbul Biennial: Salt Water. When I got there, the place fully inspired me by its spirit. Despite I really do not know how the place affected me that much, I can truely say that I felt like that building was still alive. But it is so sad to said that there are many places which have spirits but no bodies anymore-especially in Istanbul which many deep rooted empires lived on... Somebody should originally renovate and protect those desolated places AND most importantly brought them in important spots such as museum, exhibition areas, etc. I appreciate the art director of this biennial for making the seashore of Trotsky Mansion is the one of the many great biennial spots.

14th Istanbul Biennial "Salt Water" , Trotsky House

  I found a link where you can read more about this place if you wonder:

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/leon-trotsky-istanbul-home-for-sale-321873


No comments:

Post a Comment